Franz has a background in Physics and technology. He has been running his own consultancy, F. Moser Consulting, since 1995 offering expertise in implementations of technical solutions ranging from electro acoustic design to implementation of networked data management systems. He been involved for many years in ESA’s European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) in Noordwijk, The Netherlands, in the domains of data and knowledge management (KM), technical support, ISO accreditation, laboratory technologies, office and production automation, and collaboration. In recent years the activities were complemented by Knowledge Management, management and technical implementations of related IT infrastructures for a wide range of industries and organizations.
From 2000 until 2014 Franz was mainly focused on Space Industry-related activities, although non-aerospace activities were always preserved. These are some of the main tasks performed, mainly at ESA/ESTEC in Noordwijk, the Netherlands:
- Radiation Physics and the implementation of radiation laboratory data management.
- Support to launch campaigns and ad hoc creation of secure communication infrastructures.
- Team building and leadership for technical and administrative IT support teams.
- Activities involved the creation of general laboratory data management systems, management support for embedded IT teams, webserver and web content management, the establishment of a knowledge and content management system based on Microsoft SharePoint and more.
- Design, development and implementation of small scale technical support applications was part of the tasks.
- Support to ISO accreditation activities for Quality control and laboratory environments.
2014 and onwards:
Currently the core activities are the technical implementation of information systems for clients in Europe and the United States. This involves cloud and hybrid designs and migration with mostly continued support. Analysing an organisation’s IT and Knowledge Management implementation with the goal to help the organisation to improve decision making and implementation is another important activity.
Design, implementation and management of secure portal and intranet systems based on third-party vendor and proprietary technology is becoming an ever more important part of the job. The secure portals facilitate information collection and handling for governmental, regulatory and management purposes.
F. Moser Consultants’ website: http://www.fmoser.com/